Saturday, October 16, 2010

Maintaining Balance & Beautiful Skin too!


Today I woke up bright and early with my body urging me to get up and exercise. The mind and body are not always on the same page, so my mind hollered “whatever” and the body followed by rolling over. Because my mind controls this body, I decided to sit up in bed and meditate. After about 15 minutes I slowly rose out of bed and proceeded on to prepare my morning cup of green tea. I figured I needed a little boost this morning since I hadn’t exercised in over 4 days! I’m one of those people that accepted a long time ago that I MUST workout for the rest of my life! Not only does it help me maintain a weight and size that is “comfortable for me”, but It also helps clear the mind and manage stress. I know these are all statements that people hear all of the time…but you won’t know the benefits until you try it for yourself. Even 20 minutes of exercise can make a major impact on my day. Not only am I more mindful of what I put into my mouth the rest of the day, I also have a clear head and the energy to begin my daily manifestations and love share.  Sometimes I may just wake up “stank”…for any host of reasons (the moon, lack of sleep, its Tuesday etc).  This is all fine and dandy (since every mood has its place)  if I am to spend the day alone. But if I have to interact with others, or service people, this attitude is UNACCEPTABLE. It is no one else’s fault that I woke up feeling like a jerk today, so they don’t deserve to be subjected to my wrath!   I also know that whatever attitude I am reflecting outward into the world is what I will attract. So me walking around with all that attitude is only going to attract into my experience everyone else that woke up on the wrong side of the bed! So I do what I know will make me feel better…exercise and meditation.
Meditation helps me focus and clears my mind of any focus limiting crap  that may be throwing me into procrastination mode.  Meditations do not have to be long and elaborate either. I don’t have to have a candle, or a shrine, or any zen music…all I need is a quiet space.  It can be 5 minutes of mindful stillness focusing on my breath and relaxing my body, before I get out of bed in the morning. It can be wherever I need it to be for as long as I have. In the beginning it was a bit hard to stay focused, but with consistency 5 minutes turned into 15 and then 30 and so on. Repetition can only result in mastery of the steps taken.
I am self employed and this REQUIRES that you are self motivated. Self motivated does not necessarily mean I wake up every morning with a coke and smile ready to take over the world!  Sometimes I do get tired, discouraged, frustrated or simply ready to start checking Craigslist for job postings.  This is when I have to dig deep pull on the resources that I have within to get me through the tough moments of “not feeling like it”. I know for a fact (because I test everything i share) I am more focused and have more energy to work after I meditate and exercise. My circulation is increased and my cells are being fed the precious oxygen they need to continue to thrive in a healthy way.
Exercise is also excellent for the skin. Being an esthetician, the question I hear the most is, “How do I get clear, glowing skin Ashia?” While there are many factors that determine “healthy skin” (including genetic skin type, diet, stress, environment etc..) lack of exercise or physical activity slows down the reproductive process of new skin cells which results in new skin. Not increasing your circulation can cause dull skin with prominent looking blemishes. After some vigorous physical activity (however u get it in works for me :) ) the skin appears to glow, the cheeks are a bit more rosy resulting in an overall look of health and youthful exuberance.  You may improve your skins health with any activity that increases the heart rate and pumps more oxygen to those bubbly skin cells of yours.  This speeds up the natural exfoliation process of the skin, resulting in new skin over a shorter period of time than it would be if you did nothing at all.
Try turning on your favorite song and dancing like your a professional Hammer, Salsa, Chris Brown or Belly dancer. Run up and down the stairs. Enjoy an intense lovemaking session w/your partner, take your dog out past the front lawn for a walk through the neighborhood, do some jumping jacks.. whatever floats your boat. Just do something. You will feel better when your done.  I know I did after I was done :) hehehe
Now the creation continues…

Affirmation
Today and all days I joyfully quiet the chatter in my mind to hear the gentle voice of my subconcious  urging me to complete the task that keep me in alignment with my highest good. My body is healthy, strong and positively responsive to the exercises I engage in. I give it my all today and all days. And so it is Amen…

No comments:

Post a Comment